Financial Transaction identifier

Assigned to Fenil....@cerner.com by me

Bomi Kim

Sep 22, 2021, 11:20:56 AM9/22/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Good morning,

We are exploring payment posting via the Financial Transaction API, and wondering what the downstream behaviors are in Cerner for making the identifier field a statement ID, vs a FIN/Encounter ID or a guarantor balance account ID. And are there any other potential ID types the identifier field accepts for this call?

Additionally, in order to simulate obtaining the Encounter ID using a FIN # (e.g. FIN NBR 219 for test patient Sally Smart with Account # 345) I am trying a GET Encounter call but receiving a bundle response instead of the corresponding FIN ID 4715906

Thank you,
Bomi Kim

SallySmart.png

Bomi Kim

Sep 22, 2021, 11:21:44 AM9/22/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
In case this helps with troubleshooting- the X-Request-Id for the GET Encounter bundle response is:  277d5f56-daf0-4b66-9441-de06ce3580ab

Bomi Kim

Sep 27, 2021, 11:57:35 AM9/27/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello, any updates on this one you could help with?

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Oct 1, 2021, 4:15:49 PM10/1/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

The Financial Transaction identifier field needs to be a unique value in millennium.
It is recommended that consumers use a UUID or something that includes a date and time stamp to ensure the value is unique for the client domain.

The attached screen shot of Sally Smarts Financial Resource Data appears to be from the old Sandbox test data. You should be refering at the latest SMART on FHIR Test Patient Data sheet https://docs.google.com/document/d/10RnVyF1etl_17pyCyK96tyhUWRbrTyEcqpwzW-Z-Ybs/edit#heading=h.v9vk39cj9tmf

Thanks,
Fenil

Bomi Kim

Oct 1, 2021, 4:54:35 PM10/1/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Fenil,

Thank you so much for your response! Could you help me understand how that identifier is used within Cerner? Is it strictly used for troubleshooting e.g. tech support? Is it an identifier accessible by the client?

Thank you,
Bomi Kim

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Oct 4, 2021, 10:35:01 AM10/4/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello Bomi Kim,

That value is stored in our databases and is accessible by clients. It's not used for troubleshooting per se but used to uniquely associate a transaction.

Thanks,
Fenil