Performer required for vital sign observation

Assigned to aaron....@oracle.com by me

Shelby Smith

Jan 27, 2021, 9:17:37 AM1/27/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I have measurements taken by patients themselves and recorded into another system. I want to create those same values as Observations in the cerner FHIR server, but there is not a practitioner involved in taking the measurement although it is required to specify a practitioner performer on Observation creation.
How is it possible to do?

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Jan 27, 2021, 11:25:16 AM1/27/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
The Observation.performer is not required [1] [2], so you don't have to provide it.

-Aaron (Cerner)

Shelby Smith

Jan 27, 2021, 2:56:22 PM1/27/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
The first link under the notes says:
  • Vital Signs require performer.
I'm trying to add a vital signs Observation performed by a patient.

Shelby Smith

Jan 27, 2021, 2:58:33 PM1/27/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
The data would be gathered by a device that the patient uses and sent to the EHR.

Brij Shah

Jan 27, 2021, 5:39:40 PM1/27/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

I think you're trying to perform creating vital sign Observations through patients which we currently do not support.
As you can see on our official documentation[1] we currently only support system authorization when creating vital sign observations.

Thanks,
Brij

Shelby Smith

Feb 1, 2021, 8:04:25 AM2/1/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I am not trying to create through patients. I am authenticating with a system account and the following scope: "system/Observation.read system/Patient.read system/Observation.write".
I was going to send the request id and payload, but any time I attempt to post, I receive a 502 Bad Gateway response:

{
    "resourceType": "OperationOutcome",
    "issue": [
        {
            "severity": "fatal",
            "code": "exception",
            "details": {
                "text": "Bad gateway"
            }
        }
    ]
}

Shelby Smith

Feb 9, 2021, 3:49:23 AM2/9/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I'm still having this issue. Just wondering if there is anyone looking into it?

Brij Shah

Feb 12, 2021, 5:11:53 PM2/12/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

Can you give it a fresh try and send us x-request id if it does not work? There could be some intermittent issues with the server but everything seems to be up and working currently.

Thanks,
Brij

Shelby Smith

Feb 15, 2021, 3:37:46 PM2/15/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
It still seems to give the same error. It did work at some point, weeks ago when I started the post.
I will add that the request is being sent from Denmark.
I've attached the curl request minus the access token.
Here are the response headers:
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 20:22:03 GMT
Cache-Control: no-cache
Server-Response-Time: 1828.996275
Vary: Origin

And the response body:
{"resourceType":"OperationOutcome","issue":[{"severity":"fatal","code":"exception","details":{"text":"Bad gateway"}}]}

Thanks,

Shelby
request.txt

Brij Shah (Cerner)

Mar 3, 2021, 10:23:54 AM3/3/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

Apologies for the delay, we have made some enhancement and this issue should be resolved now. Can you give it a try?
Let us know if you're still facing any issues.

Thanks,
Brij

Shelby Smith

Mar 4, 2021, 4:59:15 AM3/4/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I get a different error.
Here are the response headers:
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2021 09:51:22 GMT
Cache-Control: no-cache
Server-Response-Time: 572.6020480000001
Vary: Origin

Response body:
{"resourceType":"OperationOutcome","issue":[{"severity":"fatal","code":"exception","details":{"text":"Internal service error from resource store"}}]}
request.txt

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Mar 24, 2021, 1:48:49 PM3/24/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Sorry for the missed response. Is this error still occurring for you? If so, can you provide a new X-Request-Id to help us investigate?

-Aaron (Cerner)