Patient access without portal

Assigned to Fenil....@cerner.com by me

Sherif Sonbol

Aug 17, 2021, 10:30:49 AM8/17/21
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
We develop a patient facing app and they are supposed to access their records via the patient portal . Does anyone knows what is the process of the doctor uses Cerner but provides no patient portal? How do we access the records via API?
Thx

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Aug 17, 2021, 2:39:47 PM8/17/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

Patient Portal are used as IDP to authenticate the patient. If a doctor does not have a portal/IDP, then Apps would not be able to pull the data on behalf of patient as the patient cannot be authenticated.

Thanks,
Fenil

Sherif Sonbol

Aug 17, 2021, 3:08:44 PM8/17/21
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Fenil for the quick reply. Wouldn’t the portal be part of the original setup? How would the doctor setup a patient portal on their system? We are dealing with solo practitioners who have no IT and would like to connect our app to their records for our patients to access their records.

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Aug 18, 2021, 10:21:47 AM8/18/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
They can work with Cerner's Healthelife team to setup patient portal.

Sherif Sonbol

Aug 18, 2021, 11:42:57 AM8/18/21
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Does that come at an extra cost?

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Aug 18, 2021, 4:58:41 PM8/18/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
That's the discussion between the hospital/doctor and Cerner.