C1941 IWebBrowser2 Control using default IE 7 mode

Assigned to Fenil....@cerner.com by me

Peter Grazaitis

Aug 30, 2021, 12:04:51 PM8/30/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
In testing an mpage I am capturing the following user-agent:  :"Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.2; Win64; x64; Trident/7.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)

Note: MSIE 7.0.

A similar experience is listed in a Microsoft Forum post and StackOverflow:

I imagine the server hosting is running Edge/IE11, can we get the registry configured to take advantage of the better browser?  Our application is built on React and I believe the heavy javascript framework is resulting in issues that show as an empty white page in PowerChart.

Also, on that note, when trying to use CTRL+N to be able to use debug console I am prompted for credentials that none of my accounts work. Is there a correct set of expected credentials to leverage or format  Domain/user  or user@domain?

Thanks,

-Pete G

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Sep 7, 2021, 12:14:21 PM9/7/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

Yes, that is the default behavior of the embedded browser. We don't recommend checking the User Agent string or the version of the browser. Instead, use feature detection.
Also, if the page is including the X-UA-Compatible meta tag with IE=edge, the page will render in document mode using IE10/11.
For MPages 6.x, the page will render in document mode with IE10. However, there is an option to force the view to be rendered in IE11 document mode.

The empty white screen issue could be related to not removing X-Frame-Options header or not including the cerner-smart-embeddable-lib.

The login creds would be the same as the ones used by provider who is launching the App.

Thanks,
Fenil