Regarding FHIR Resource mapping with QuestionnaireResponse

Assigned to sansch...@gmail.com by Fenil....@cerner.com

girish radhakrishnan

Jun 10, 2021, 9:33:18 AM6/10/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi ,

We have an Suvery form with 10 basic yes or no type questions and upon completing the data with selecte answers will be posted in EHR System.

We have created QuestionnaireResponse but currently it is under development in Cerner EHR please provide a mapping of FHIR equavalent to store the Questionnaire response data

Providing sample FHIR resource.

{
    "resourceType": "QuestionnaireResponse",
   "authored" : "2019-08-21T20:36:57.544Z",
    "status"  : "completed",
    "subject" : {
    "reference" : "Patient/4983264d-0ae3-4980-91cd-d2eea8c730a9"
  },

   "identifier": [
    {
      "system": "urn:oid:1.2.840.114350.1.13.861.1.7.2.728165",
      "value": "50569"
    }
  ],
    "item": [{
            "linkId": "1",
            "item": [{
                "linkId": "1.1",
                "text": "Q1",
                "answer": [{
                    "valueString": "Yes"
                }]
            }]
        },
        {
            "linkId": "2",
            "item": [{
                "linkId": "2.1",
                "text": "Q2?",
                "answer": [{
                    "valueString": "Yes"
                }]
            }]
        },
        {
            "linkId": "3",
            "item": [{
                "linkId": "3.1",
                "text": "Q3?",
                "answer": [{
                    "valueString": "Yes"
                }]
            }]

        },
        {
            "linkId": "4",
            "item": [{
                "linkId": "4.1",
                "text": "Q4?",
                "answer": [{
                    "valueString": "Yes"
                }]
            }]
        },

        {
            "linkId": "5",
            "item": [{
                "linkId": "5.1",
                "text": "Q5?",
                "answer": [{
                    "valueString": "Yes"
                }]
            }]
        },

        {
            "linkId": "6",
            "item": [{
                "linkId": "6.1",
                "text": "Q6?",
                "answer": [{
                    "valueString": "Yes"
                }]
            }]
        }
    ]
}

Regards
Radhkrishnan

Sydne Anschutz (Cerner)

Jun 11, 2021, 10:14:07 AM6/11/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers

Hi Radhkrishnan,

It sounds like you have created a survey in your app and I wanted to make sure this survey is based on data you got back from Questionnaire? If it is not, then you will not be about to write in any answers through QuestionnaireResponse. We do not support writing Questionnaires, so it’s important that your survey uses ‘items’ (questions) from a preexisting Questionnaire. Can you confirm that this is the workflow you are following?

Thanks,

Sydne (Cerner)

booma radhakrishnan

Jun 11, 2021, 10:46:42 AM6/11/21
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com

We are using QuestionnaireResponse Fhir resource which has both questions and answers with the patient

Regards
Radhakrishnan

girish radhakrishnan

Jun 11, 2021, 11:06:54 AM6/11/21
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hi  Sydne,

The survey has set of questions and answers and trying to post as a QuestionnaireResponse Resource but as per the cerner
QuestionnaireResponse is under development.   Need some details of posting Questionnaire response.

Regards
Radhakrihsnan

Sydne Anschutz (Cerner)

Jun 14, 2021, 9:54:15 AM6/14/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Radhakrishnan,

To clarify, when posting/putting a QuestionnaireResponse it MUST correspond to a Questionnaire, and the questionnaire must be referenced in the QuestionnaireResponse.questionnaire field.

Sydne

girish radhakrishnan

Jun 14, 2021, 12:11:25 PM6/14/21
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sydney,

WE can use questionnaire only with questionnaireresponse. But Questionnaireresponse is under development hence will not be able to use in production environment can we use it in sandbox testing environment.

Regards
Rahakrishnan

Sydne Anschutz (Cerner)

Jun 14, 2021, 4:26:37 PM6/14/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Correct, you are free to use QuestionnaireResponse in sandbox while testing/developing, but it is not ready for use in production.

Sydne
Message has been deleted

girish radhakrishnan

Jun 15, 2021, 9:22:23 AM6/15/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Thanks Sydney,  Does any FHIR extensions supports by cerner to hold the questionnaire with Boolean answers.  If you hae any sample reference kinlddy let  me know.

Regards
Radhakrisnan

Sydne Anschutz (Cerner)

Jun 15, 2021, 11:32:12 AM6/15/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

On Questionnaires we support item types of 'text', 'quantity', 'choice', and 'open-choice'. On QuestionnaireResponse the item answers can be valueString, valueCoding, or valueQuantity. We do not support boolean answers, although as you can see on the example Questionnaire, an item can have a type of choice or open-choice with answers 'Yes' and 'No', if that helps.

Sydne