Tenant ID

Assigned to Fenil....@cerner.com by me

Roshaan Rasool

Aug 3, 2021, 4:18:08 PM8/3/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,
I have a little confusion regarding the Systems application. I have created a Systems app and I am successful in getting the Access Token as well as making the first patient API call. Now, my understanding is that if I want to change the health system, I would have to change the Tenant ID only and my clientID and clientSecret remains the same. How can I obtain a different tenant ID from the user? When the systems app is in production, and I want to make my app generic, how would the user tell us the tenant ID? Is there some sort of login credentials for the login process?

I hope my question makes sense.

Thanks,
Saad

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Aug 3, 2021, 4:53:49 PM8/3/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello Saad,

You are correct. If you need to connect with a Hospital/Health System other than Cerner's public Sandbox, you would have to change the Tenant ID only and your clientID and clientSecret remains the same. The only nuance would be which domain you connect to. If you are trying to connect to a PROD domain, you need to use System AccountID and secret from  Cernercerntral.com. If you are tryin got connect with any non-prod domain, you would need a System Account in SandboxCernerCentral and some configurations from Cerner.

TenantId can be obtained either from the health System or by Cerner when the App is part of the CODE program.

I don't understand the login question. Can you please elaborate?

Thanks,
Fenil

Roshaan Rasool

Aug 3, 2021, 5:02:53 PM8/3/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Okay that makes sense.
By login, I mean that lets suppose if a health system wants to use our app in production, they would give us their tenant ID and we would embed that tenant ID into our app, so that we can pull the data for that Health system, correct?
OR
Would the health system have to login somehow so that we can capture their tenant ID?

My question just revolves around that how do we get the Tenant ID from the healthcare system?

Thanks,
Roshaan

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Aug 3, 2021, 10:12:51 PM8/3/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
By login, I mean that lets suppose if a health system wants to use our app in production, they would give us their tenant ID and we would embed that tenant ID into our app, so that we can pull the data for that Health system, correct?
- Correct

My question just revolves around that how do we get the Tenant ID from the healthcare system?
- Most HealthCare Systems would know about it. If not they can log a ticket to Cerner Ignite APIs for Millennium to get that information.
- If you are part of the CODE program, Cerner will help get you the tenantId during your implementation phase.