Tenant ID in OpenID

Gummadi Srirajavalli

Oct 11, 2021, 10:12:17 AM10/11/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Fenil,

From the Cerner documentation page on OpenID,

 Our understanding is Tenant id received in Identity token can be used to validate the Identity tokens.

"iss": "https://authorization.cerner.com/tenants/ec2458f2-1e24-41c8-b71b-0e701af7583d/oidc/idsps/ec2458f2-1e24-41c8-b71b-0e701af7583d/",

How do we know the tenant id upfront at the time of registering the SmartAPP?

Thanks,
Sri

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Oct 11, 2021, 10:41:10 AM10/11/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

While TenantId may not be typically needed to validate Identity tokens (See https://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-core-1_0.html#IDTokenValidation) , tenantId would be the same, which you would use to make the Authorize call/token call.

Thanks,
Fenil

Gummadi Srirajavalli

Oct 12, 2021, 1:14:59 AM10/12/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Thank you Fenil.

Is it possible to know Teanant ID upfront ?

Thanks,
Sri

Gummadi Srirajavalli

Oct 13, 2021, 6:30:55 AM10/13/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Fenil,

In SmartAPP launch process/steps, at what step Cerner would generate TenentID?
Is there a possibility to know the TenantID upfront while registering the SmartAPP with Cerner?

Thanks,
Sri

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Oct 13, 2021, 4:08:03 PM10/13/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
A smart App launched from within Cerner's EHR, while give you an iss param which would have the value of TenantID.
TenantIds are unique identifiers for a Hospital System. You can get them from Cerner if you are part of the Code program or from Cerner client. There is not publicly available list of endpoints for Provider Apps.