Identity Provider

akshaya arumugam

Jul 9, 2018, 8:15:59 AM7/9/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
How to implement SSO in cerner for our application do they have their own identity provider or we have to use our own identity provider?

akshaya arumugam

Jul 9, 2018, 8:37:59 AM7/9/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
In cerner using oauth they implemented SSO Right?

Mark Butler

Jul 10, 2018, 2:14:09 PM7/10/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
In cerner using oauth they implemented SSO Right?

I believe the answer to the question you're asking is yes. SMART manages the context of the currently signed in user whether a patient or a provide. It's OAuth 2.

MArk B.

Kol Kheang (Cerner)

Jul 10, 2018, 2:27:16 PM7/10/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Akshaya,

akshaya arumugam wrote:
How to implement SSO in cerner for our application do they have their own identity provider or we have to use our own identity provider?

Your app does not need to implement single sign on (SSO) when it is launched from Cerner EHR; the user will not be prompted to login since there is already an existing session.  The user will use the existing identity provider associated with each hospital system.

Kol

akshaya parimaladevi

Jul 11, 2018, 12:43:24 AM7/11/18
to 'Kol Kheang (Cerner)' via Cerner FHIR Developers
How to implement it in C# MVC?Is any example available?

Thanks
Akshaya

Kol Kheang (Cerner)

Jul 11, 2018, 10:47:48 AM7/11/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Akshaya,

Can you clarify a bit on what you want to do?  Do you want to know how to implement SSO in C# MVC?  Or do you want to create a SMART app using C# MVC?

Kol

Mark Butler

Jul 11, 2018, 2:48:59 PM7/11/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I'm working on it. Maybe a couple of weeks to get it cleaned up.

What is your level of development experience?

MArk B.

akshayapa...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2018, 10:58:09 AM7/12/18
to 'Kol Kheang (Cerner)' via Cerner FHIR Developers

I want to implement an smart app using c# mvc.

Regards,

Akshaya

Kol Kheang (Cerner)

Jul 12, 2018, 11:47:36 AM7/12/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Akshaya,

I found this .NET library https://github.com/ewoutkramer/fhir-net-api by doing a Google search.  I think this is a good place to take a look and see what APIs you can use to call FHIR resources.
Cerner does not own this library.  If you have any question using this library, please contact the maintainer of this library.

Regards,
Kol