FHIR Certification

Michael Gleason

Mar 5, 2020, 3:29:54 PM3/5/20
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Does Cerner have multiple Certifications for Apps?

We have a SMART FHIR app for displaying data in the Cerner Millenium System.
We also have a second Bulk data app for processing data pushes and retreival of data from the Cerner Millenium databases.  (FHIR interface to our application).

Do we need to combine them into one SMART FHIR app or is there multiple certification tracks for SMART FHIR and data exchange FHIR applications.
Is there a way to certify just the Bulk Data exchange app with FHIR standalone?

Not all our clients on Cerner may want to use the SMART FHIR app.   I  noticed that you have a Register a System Account would we need to register that bulk data integration to extract and exchange data as a System Account?   I copied the Paragraph below from the Cerner Code site.

Registering a System Account

If an application will be using the offline_access scope, or accessing data on behalf of a system, it will need to maintain a secret. Currently, our implementation provides management and rotation functionality for this workflow in our System Accounts application. In order to register one of these applications, you must first request a system account, and then register that as a SMART or FHIR application in our code Console.

Thanks

Mike Gleason
Healthmap Solutions.

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Mar 6, 2020, 9:09:07 AM3/6/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Michael,

These apps seem like two different use cases, when you join our code Developer Program, you would need to have both apps validated individually. Your second, or bulk data app as you described, sounds like a use case for system access while your app in Millennium sounds like it would be using provider access.

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)