system scopes wildcards

Assigned to benjamin...@cerner.com by aaron....@oracle.com

Pavel S

Feb 19, 2021, 8:01:04 AM2/19/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello

I had set up a system only with one scope system/DocumentReference.read. This works, but when I try to do system/*.* this does not work I get an error. I was under impression that this action should return what scopes I am allowed to request based on what I chose in my system app and still return me a token. Is my understanding correct here? I feel like I am missing something.

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Feb 19, 2021, 9:07:07 AM2/19/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

Under the "Supported Scopes" header on fhir.cerner.com[1] please note we do not support wildcard scopes at this time.

[1] https://fhir.cerner.com/authorization/#requesting-authorization-on-behalf-of-a-user

Thank you,
Ben (Cerner)

Pavel S

Feb 19, 2021, 12:05:54 PM2/19/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers

Thank you for your response Benajmin. Another question that is semi related, is there an api that will return supported scopes so that we can use that list to make auth request?

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Feb 19, 2021, 12:21:47 PM2/19/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
You can utilize the either metadata endpoint, the Conformance (for DSTU2) and CapabilityStatement (R4) resources, to extract the currently supported resources and their interactions with the resource type being the resource name and the interactions indicating whether they support a "read" or "write" action (you would need to translate this yourself however to .write or .read). Or you can utilize the .well-known/smart-configuration endpoint (R4 only). More details are listed fhir.cerner.comhttps://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/r4/conformance/capability-statement/

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)

Pavel S

Feb 19, 2021, 1:06:43 PM2/19/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Thank you Benjamin. These end points respond with what is supported by Cerner but not what my system app has access to. Is there an api that will list what my system app has access to?

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Feb 21, 2021, 1:31:15 PM2/21/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Your App should have access to all the scopes you selected during App registration on code Console
This conversation is locked