Encounter CCDs and Medications

Assigned to mphil...@gmail.com by me

Rob Rucker

Apr 2, 2020, 1:38:53 PM4/2/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Do any test patients have encounter-level CCDs in the sandbox environment? I've been able to get a patient-level CCD from Nancy Smart using the DocumentReference and Binary resources, but I haven't been able to get an encounter-level CCDs for anybody. Are there any encounter-level CCDs there? If so, what LOINC code should I use in the type search parameter to find them?

Related question: is there a way to tie medications ordered on a specific encounter to that encounter using CCD data? If not, is there a FHIR resource that can link medications to the encounters in which they were ordered?

Max Philips (Cerner)

Apr 2, 2020, 4:20:40 PM4/2/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Rob,

None of the test patients in Cerner's FHIR sandbox have Encounter-level CCDs.

Additionally, medications in the Patient-level CCD do not populate Encounter attributes. If it fits your use case, accessing DSTU2 MedicationAdministrations, DSTU2 MedicationOrders, or R4 MedicationRequests directly will have an Encounter attribute set when applicable.

Thanks,
Max (Cerner)