Discharge Summary PDF from the API

Kirk Chin

Feb 27, 2020, 9:16:46 AM2/27/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Morning,

I used to be able to pull down a PDF document from the documentreference resource from POSTMAN.  It does not appear to work anymore.  Did something change with the FHIR spec?

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Feb 27, 2020, 9:17:30 AM2/27/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

Per our group guidelines, could you please post the X-Request-Id associated with your request? This is located in the headers of the response.

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)

Kirk Chin

Feb 27, 2020, 9:25:43 AM2/27/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
XR-6589312

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Feb 27, 2020, 9:30:05 AM2/27/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Kirk,

We need the specific X-Request-Id, not the ID of the resource. Below is a screenshot of where the request ID is located in postman.

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 8.28.41 AM.png

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)

Kirk Chin

Feb 27, 2020, 9:49:51 AM2/27/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Sorry about that. Its below

0bde3baf-bd82-4a48-9aa1-49b8315e992f

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Feb 27, 2020, 10:18:08 AM2/27/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Kirk,

It looks like you either aren't passing in an Accept header or are passing in an invalid value. For Binary, the Accept header must either be application/json+fhir or application/pdf.

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)

Kirk Chin

Feb 27, 2020, 10:31:14 AM2/27/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
The Get https://fhir-open.sandboxcerner.com/dstu2/0b8a0111-e8e6-4c26-a91c-5069cbc6b1ca/Binary/XR-6589312 with either header gives me "Internal service error from resource store" status 500 Internal Server Error

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Feb 27, 2020, 12:28:24 PM2/27/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Kirk,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we're currently investigating, we'll let you know when we have an update to share.

Thank you,
Ben (Cerner)

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Feb 27, 2020, 2:47:29 PM2/27/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Kirk,

We've resolved the underlying issue resulting in the 500s. However, you may have trouble retrieving this particular document as it seems to be rather large, you will likely receive timeouts (or 504s). You may want to consider calling for a different document.

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)