Diagnostic Report presentedForm

Mark Hatoum

Jun 6, 2018, 1:09:10 PM6/6/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
From a Provider Type App within the Cerner Sandbox, I am able receive data for a test Patient's Diagnostic Reports.

The presentedForm attribute which contains the values for the url and contentType is part of the Diagnostic Reports FHIR Response.

Is there a way to link to and display the presentedForm.url from our app page? Just curious if there is any documentation or a discussion thread for loading the presentedForm.url using the FHIR client JavaScript framework.

Mark Hatoum

Jun 7, 2018, 8:09:05 PM6/7/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Is there any way or a preferred method to do this?

Max Philips (Cerner)

Jun 8, 2018, 12:57:42 PM6/8/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Mark,

Can you clarify a bit more on what you are wanting to do?

As I understand it, your workflow involves retrieving DiagnosticReports, and you want to display the actual content of each DiagnosticReport's presented form inside your app?

To do this, you would just need to parse the DiagnosticReport response to get the presentedForm[].url and presentedForm[].contentType values for each diagnostic report. Then fire off a new request to the url with an Accept header set to the content type. The results from that Binary request will be the content of the DiagnosticReport's presented form. You can display the results in your app.

There are a few caveats around Binary requests as noted in the Implementation Notes here: https://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/dstu2/diagnostic/diagnostic-report/#search and here: https://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/dstu2/infrastructure/binary/. You'd also need to make sure your app requests the Binary scope if it doesn't already.

Please let me know if I'm understanding the situation correctly!

Thanks,
Max (Cerner)

Mark Hatoum

Jun 11, 2018, 10:07:10 PM6/11/18