Authenticating our app from Launch URI

Jaswanth K

May 9, 2017, 5:52:44 AM5/9/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi All,

We are stuck in between after authenticating with Cerner.
Our's is Provider app.

Below is our use case.
Cerner Sandbox -> Begin Testing -> Select a patient -> Navigate to our webpage.

How do we authenticate our webpage and store the details so that next time there is no need to login to our webpage(kinda SSO)? We use token based authentication to access webservices from our system.

Is there any way where we can achieve this work flow ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Jaswanth

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

May 9, 2017, 6:21:38 AM5/9/17
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jaswanth,

Is your application patient facing or provider facing?

Edit: Also, is it a browser or native application?

~ Jenni

Jaswanth K

May 9, 2017, 7:17:23 AM5/9/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Jenni,

As I mentioned, it's a provider facing.

And it is a browser application.

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

May 9, 2017, 8:24:26 AM5/9/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Sorry, somehow missed the provider comment :)

Your browser-based SMART application does not need to do anything to use provider SSO. You will be prompted every time in the browser from the code console because the session is not maintained there, but when the application is launched within PowerChart, the user will not be prompted to sign in again. The authentication server will use their existing session in that scenario.

~ Jenni

Jaswanth K

May 11, 2017, 2:56:53 AM5/11/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Thanks Jenni,

Where can I know more about PowerChart ?

Thanks,
Jaswanth

Kevin Shekleton (Cerner)

May 11, 2017, 3:56:54 AM5/11/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
PowerChart is our EHR application used by clinicians. Is there something in particular you are looking for? That will help me potentially point you to more information or answer directly here.

Best,
Kevin (Cerner)

Jaswanth K

May 11, 2017, 6:26:02 AM5/11/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello Kevin,

Thanks for your response.

Need clarification on one scenario.

Provider 1 -> Begin testing -> Select Patient John Doe -> Our App
Provider 2 -> Begin testing -> Select Patient John Doe -> Our App

Can Cerner send Provider information(any unique ID of logged in user) to our app so that we will know who is actually accessing John Doe in our app?

Thanks,
Jaswanth

Kevin Shekleton (Cerner)

May 11, 2017, 7:13:34 AM5/11/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Yes, per the SMART app launch workflow, you'll get information about the user launching your app. See the section on that page "Scopes for requesting identity data"

Best,
Kevin (Cerner)