Binary returns 500 internal errors

Donald French

Jun 24, 2019, 5:04:58 PM6/24/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
If this is a question about an error or issue you are seeing, please fill out the following fields:

  • Issue Summary: After 10 seconds binaries fail with either time out or 500 error.  This example is a 500 error. I have reported the timeout a bit ago.
  • X-Request-Id or CorrelationId: x-amzn-RequestId →118d425d-96c3-11e9-8c34-97bf4adf895d
It looks like all Binaries are failing.

Armani Akines (Cerner)

Jun 24, 2019, 6:20:39 PM6/24/19
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Donald,

Thanks for bringing your issue to our attention. We are currently investigating the cause of the failures on your end. I see that the Binaries you are attempting to access are, in fact, failing but we also are seeing successes on the domain. You mentioned you reported the timeout before, but you received that timeout at 10 seconds; could you provide that correlation id?

EDIT: I have located your timeout Binary call(s) and am looking into that issue too.

Thanks,

Armani

Donald French

Jun 27, 2019, 10:05:12 PM6/27/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
This is still a problem with Nancy's documents.  Is it going to be fixed?

Michele Mottini

Jun 27, 2019, 10:35:00 PM6/27/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I think you have to retry. This is what we did in our client - keeps retrying a number of times

  - Michele
  CareEvolution Inc

Armani Akines (Cerner)

Jun 28, 2019, 12:21:31 PM6/28/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
We have identified the issue as incorrectly entered DB data on certain Binary Documents. For many documents, a patient would be related to the doc. The documents being retrieved by your requests are related to patients that have incorrect DB information. We are in the process of resolving this data and will update at our earliest opportunity. As for your timeout issue(s), the retrieval of documents using the Binary resource may take longer than our timeout of 40 seconds. In these cases, the easiest solution is to retry the request as Michele pointed out.

Thank you for your patience,

Armani

Armani Akines (Cerner)

Jul 17, 2019, 8:38:11 PM7/17/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Donald,

We have completed our internal investigation and resolved the incorrect data on our end. I recommend a quick re-test of the document extraction on your end. Thanks for your patience.

Armani