Practitioner is available! System Access in Beta!

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Jun 15, 2017, 1:53:52 PM6/15/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Practitioner Read (by id)

If you have an app that reads the Conformance to gracefully degrade/check app compatibility (that's everyone, right??), you probably noticed that Practitioner read snuck into sandbox a while back.

We've been running validation on it, and I can officially announce that reading practitioner by id is available when using our Practitioner facing workflows (as well as system access). This should allow you to get information about the signed in user, as well as reporter or prescribers on other clinical data.

While you can use Patient facing workflows as well for Practitioner read, this hasn't been fully pushed out to production, so beware.

System Access/Patient Offline Access

Some of you have also noticed and taken advantage of the fact that we're granting OAuth tokens (and allowing self-registration) for apps that access on behalf of a system (B2B).

We'll be updating our registration documentation to note this change. This is a two step registration process, and the first step does have a manual turn around (for now - we want to improve this).

This also opens up self-registration for applications that are using "offline_access" scopes for patient data. However, this does not open up general confidential access - we only require/allow it for scenarios where the additional secret (and the overhead that comes with managing that shared secret) helps mitigate some security threats.

System access is available for testing in sandbox, but hasn't been rolled out for production yet. Again, beware :) We've been slowly updating all resource documentation for Millennium to add an "Authorization Types" header, which describes what type of authorization each operation accepts. EG: http://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/dstu2/individuals/practitioner/#authorization-types

~ Jenni