Appointment creation issue

Assigned to sansch...@gmail.com by aaron....@oracle.com

Ravi Gadhiya

Mar 15, 2021, 11:29:01 AM3/15/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

I am trying to create appointment by referring this fhir r4 documentation  https://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/r4/scheduling/appointment/#create
But we aren't unable to create it.

Also having some question:
1) In above request we use the location reference as mentioned on the documentation. But how can we create Location? There is no create api for this on Location documentation
2) How can we create Slot? There is no create api for this on Slot documentation
3) Is there any list where we can find valid serviceTypes?
4) What are the valid system and code value for serviceType other then mention on attachment 'service-type.png'?
5) What is the difference between requestedPeriod.start, requestedPeriod.end VS start, end in Appointment object. I have added attachment 'start-end-time.png' for this.

Can you please help for clearing this doubts?

Thanks,
Ravi

service-type.png
start-end-time.png

Sydne Anschutz (Cerner)

Mar 18, 2021, 9:55:30 AM3/18/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers

Hello Ravi,

The issue with the ixd provided is that there are not mappings for the serviceType you provided. I have listed a couple that should work below, but I am currently looking into why those values are still returning a 422. For the time being you can create the Appointment in the ‘booked’ status without having to provide a serviceType.

  1. You cannot create a Location through fhir. A Location has to be provided by a client, found within another resource, or you can use the fhir api to search for a Location.
  2. Slots also cannot be created through fhir; they are created though Millennium. You can however search for a Slot.
  3. Here are a couple examples of serviceTypes to use:
    408443003 - New Patient
    394581000 - Video Visit
  4. code: "408443003" or "394581000" from above
    system: "http://snomed.info/sct"
  5. Start and end refer to the ACTUAL time of the appointment. The requestedPeriod is a range in which the appointment is preferred to be scheduled.
Sydne (Cerner)

Sydne Anschutz (Cerner)

Mar 18, 2021, 11:56:52 AM3/18/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Those serviceTypes I provided should work for creating proposed Appointments now.

Ravi Gadhiya

Mar 19, 2021, 2:07:53 AM3/19/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Sydne,
Thank you for replying.

Is there any list for serviceTypes from where you found these(408443003 and 394581000) codes?

Thanks,
Ravi

Ravi Gadhiya

Mar 19, 2021, 2:55:25 AM3/19/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Also

1. A Location has to be provided by a client, found within another resource, or you can use the fhir api to search for a Location. I didn't get this one. I knew, that we have to pass Location id while creating proposed appointment, like this(i got below example from Cerner documentation),
 { "actor": { "reference": "Location/21304876", "display": "MX Clinic 1" }, "required": "required", "status": "accepted" }
and i am able create appointment. here is request id which is working fine as i added service type as you said.
But again i didn't get where this "Location/21304876" came from? can you please explain this?

2.  they are created though Millennium. You can however search for a Slot.  How Slot create through Millennium? Is there any API for this?
For searching slot, you mean,
i) we have to first search slot which status:"free",
ii) then grab that id for that Slot and pass while updating Appointment status to booked.
Is this the correct steps? Please correct me if wrong.

Sydne Anschutz (Cerner)

Mar 23, 2021, 4:00:07 PM3/23/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers

On the home page of this Google Group, at the bottom of the group description, we have a link to "Available test patients and data in our public sandbox" which should take you here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10RnVyF1etl_17pyCyK96tyhUWRbrTyEcqpwzW-Z-Ybs

In the sectioned labeled “Scheduling Data" there are some examples Slot Types. Although not all of those are guaranteed to be mapped for this specific field.

Location 21304876 is just a location created for testing purposes in our sandbox domain. It came from our document listing examples which you can use.

There is no API for creating Slots. We cannot go through the details of how the Slots are created in Millennium, as this group is specific to Cerner FHIR APIs, and we do not have a FHIR API to create Slots at this time.

i) As mentioned in the Slot documentation, ‘The Slot resource returns time slots from a schedule which are available for booking an appointment’, so no need to filter by free

ii) correct, you will then be able to use that slot id to create an appointment

Sydne (Cerner)

Ravi Gadhiya

Mar 25, 2021, 11:04:56 AM3/25/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Sydne,
Thanks for reply.

To summarise, Please correct if I'm wrong.
1) Cerner r4 doesn't have api for create Location, it can only create through Millennium. Once location created through Millennium, we can use id of newly created location to create appointment.
2) Cerner r4 doesn't have api for create Slot, it can only create through Millennium. Once Slot created through Millennium, we can use id of newly created Slot to create 'booked' appointment.

Can you give reference link for how to create account on Millennium, so we can proceed with Appointment API.

Thanks,
Ravi