Selective Scope Redaction Enhancement for Patient-Facing Applications

Cerner FHIR Developers

Apr 18, 2022, 5:56:22 PM4/18/22
to Cerner FHIR Developers

Developers of patient-facing applications:

We wanted to give you a heads-up about a forthcoming change regarding the consent a user can provide to the App.

Currently, our patient Authorization form provides the users capability to select which information they would like to share with the Application [1], first announced here. As part of Cerner's ongoing efforts to implement the provisions of the 21st Century Cures Act, we plan to enhance this workflow such that the patient can now pick more granular information, that they would like to share with the Application. [2]

[1] Current - Scope Selection Screen

Untitled.png

[2] Future - Granular Scope Selection Screen

Screen Shot 2022-04-18 at 4.21.36 PM.png

The above functionality to select granular scopes is currently available in client's non-prod environments and would be available in our public Sandbox and Production, tentative 4/19.

As a patient facing Application, ensure your application will handle the above scenario gracefully (not call services that the patient didn't consent to).

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Apr 20, 2022, 3:17:13 PM4/20/22
to Cerner FHIR Developers
The change is now available in public Sandbox and Production environments!
This conversation is locked