Patient SMS Consent

Assigned to Fenil....@cerner.com by me

Eddie Soliman

Jun 17, 2022, 11:36:32 PM6/17/22
to Cerner FHIR Developers

I'm looking for a way to find out if a patient has given consent to receive SMS notifications. There is an extension in the patient resource for communication preference. Is there an existing value that would indicate the patient has given SMS consent?

If communication preference cannot be used, is there some configuration that a customer can perform that would allow them to specify patient SMS consent in the patient record, which can them be queried using the patient API?

Thanks,
-Eddie-

Pierre N

Sep 5, 2022, 10:53:14 AM9/5/22
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Also interested in this one - as well as any practical solution while awaiting potential fhir-support. Did you solve this one somehow?

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Sep 6, 2022, 4:21:42 PM9/6/22
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello Eddie,

I don't think it's possible to return consent to receive SMS notifications through our FHIR APIs. Communication Preference talks about the preference and should not be interpreted as a consent.
You can have a custom UDF on Encounter, which can capture that information.

Thanks,
Fenil