Patient's employer name...

cscho...@staywell.com

Oct 17, 2017, 12:41:25 PM10/17/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I'm not seeing any information in the DSTU2 patient and person resource documentation so I thought I'd ask here...

Is there information about a patient's employer that's available in the API resources?

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Oct 18, 2017, 12:22:44 PM10/18/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

There is currently no where in FHIR to officially capture this information, and I believe the most recent guidance I've seen is that this is likely an extension: https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3838 (even in STU 3, I don't see a common extension for this yet: http://hl7.org/fhir/stu3/patient-profiles.html)

As of now, we do not currently expose any extension or employment information in our FHIR server.

The "employment status" type questions (which don't usually list a specific employer) would likely be in the Observation resource as part of Social History.

~ Jenni

cscho...@staywell.com

Oct 18, 2017, 12:23:31 PM10/18/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers