Bundle request. Get patient and encounter resources in the single request

Serhii Maksymchuk

Feb 13, 2023, 4:13:26 PM2/13/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

Could you advice whether Cerner Millennium  FHIR API (DSTU2 and R4) support bundle request? FHIR Bundle Spec

Here some context about our use case:

My team implements solution using SMART on FHIR launch flow.
As part of the flow we receive token response from Cerner authorization server which contains patient and encounter entries which we're going to use in order to query corresponding resources by resource id and then use fetched information for our solution.
Requests we are interested in:

Millennium FHIR API R4 - Get Patient By Id

Millennium FHIR API DSTU2 - Get Patient By Id

Millennium FHIR API R4 - Get Encounter By Id

Millennium FHIR API DSTU2 - Get Encounter By Id

We're looking for the way to sent both encounter by id and patient by id requests in single bundle request to have better performance? Is it supported? In case it's supported, could you advice some documentation how to structure the bundle request?

Thanks in advance,
Serhii Maksymchuk

Sukesh Konjeti (Oracle Cerner)

Mar 9, 2023, 4:58:55 AM3/9/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello Serhii Maksymchuk,

You cannot send both the ids in a single bundle request. Its not supported from FHIR.

Thank You,
Sukesh Konjeti (Oracle Cerner)