Time offset estimation?

Ankor

Apr 27, 2024, 2:41:06 PMApr 27
to Ceres Solver
What is the standard approach for both estimating position and time offset? For example IMU camera calibration when timestamps aren't known?

Andreu Corominas Murtra

Apr 30, 2024, 12:54:30 AMApr 30
to ceres-...@googlegroups.com

Hi , some hint , hope it helps:

This is the standard case in GPS, where receiver has to estimate x,y,z and its own clock bias with respect GPS time. The idea is to follow the usual ceres way, like with other parameters. You have to implement your constraints ( operator() ) with dependency of a parameter block that has this bias, and let the ceres do the stuff.

(!) But be sure that all your parameters are observable (well constrained)! I'm not sure that the problem of IMU and camera calibration (extrinsics I guess) can observe bias between time stamps... May be any one in the list can contribute better in this point.

best,

Andreu
--
Andreu Corominas Murtra