LNK2019 "Unresolved external symbol" errors from Microsoft linker, just by including ceres.h?!

David Banas

Jan 25, 2024, 8:18:52 AMJan 25
to Ceres Solver
Hi,

I've been unable to get your "Hello, World!" example built, on Windows 10, working outside of Visual Studio using an old fashioned manual makefile driven process w/ separate compile/link steps. I've pruned my test case down to a bare minimum that still triggers the errors. And I find that I don't even have to call into the Ceres library; just including the ceres.h header file is enough!

I've posted the details to this SO question.
(I know it's been labelled a duplicate, but the one suggested duplicate answer that actually pertains to LNK2019 does not answer my question.)
And I was hoping that I'm just doing something really stupid that is obvious right away to someone on this list.

Thanks!
-db

David Banas

Jan 25, 2024, 11:15:29 AMJan 25
to ceres-...@googlegroups.com
Fixed. Just needed to add the "/MD" compiler option.
-db