Using Eigen matrices in the model

Mehdi Tlili

Dec 15, 2014, 3:35:02 AM12/15/14
to ceres-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I wanted to write my own function that applies a rotation to some point using Euler angles (transforming points from world to camera frame).
As input vector to the optimizer I have the Euler angles. Then I create T templated Eigen::Matrix for each of those rotations (Rx, Ry and Rz) which I will multiply with vectos containing the points position in real world.

Eigen::Matrix<T, 3, 3> Rx, Ry, Rz, R;

When I run the optimization I get an error

Error in evaluating the ResidualBlock.

There are two possible reasons. Either the CostFunction did not evaluate and fill all
residual and jacobians that were requested or there was a non-finite value (nan/infinite)
generated during the or jacobian computation.

Residual Block size: 3 parameter blocks x 2 residuals

 What is the proper way to do this?

Sameer Agarwal

Dec 15, 2014, 11:20:18 AM12/15/14
to ceres-...@googlegroups.com
Mehdi,
That error is accompanied with more detailed logs which show exactly where the problem is.
Sameer