Regularized Non-Linear Least Squares

tobia...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2023, 11:19:39 AM12/12/23
to Ceres Solver
Hello,

I have a regularized non-linear least squares problem, i.e. the cost function would be c = Σ|y - f(x)|² + λg(x).

Am I correct that the addition of the regularization term is not something that Ceres' CostFunction + Problem classes support? But that I could try the FirstOrderFunction and GradientProblem classes instead?

No problem if so, I want to make sure I've understood correctly before trying anything. Thanks in advance.

Sameer Agarwal

Dec 19, 2023, 5:01:46 PM12/19/23
to ceres-...@googlegroups.com
I am assuming that g(x) cannot be written as a sum of squares? is it at least guaranteed to be non-negative/positive? in which case you could try and write its square root as a residual.