How to interface with AutoDiffCostFunction, Nand Manifold

Salih Marangoz

Mar 27, 2023, 10:06:52 AM3/27/23
to Ceres Solver
Hello,

I found that it is possible to use a numeric diff functor (NumericDiffCostFunction + CostFunctionToFunctor) inside a AutoDiffCostFunction: http://ceres-solver.org/interfacing_with_autodiff.html (I hope I understand correctly.)

I wonder, is it possible to set a manifold for passed parameters? For example, I would like to pass a quaternion to numeric diff functor with QuaternionManifold, and use the numeric diff functor inside a AutoDiffCostFunction.

Best,
Salih M.

Sameer Agarwal

Mar 27, 2023, 10:09:20 AM3/27/23
to ceres-...@googlegroups.com
Salih,
What you are proposing is not possible with existing tools but you can easily compose a construction with a manifold yourself to get tangent space derivatives.
Sameer

Message has been deleted