Is it possible to do Cubic Interpolation on Grid of Jets?

Yingmo Wang

Jan 25, 2022, 4:58:58 AM1/25/22
to Ceres Solver
I know that the Cubic Interpolation can be applied on grid of double.
But how about Jets?

Sameer Agarwal

Jan 25, 2022, 5:38:24 AM1/25/22
to ceres-...@googlegroups.com
What are you trying to do?

On Tue, Jan 25, 2022, 1:59 AM Yingmo Wang <wangy...@tju.edu.cn> wrote:
I know that the Cubic Interpolation can be applied on grid of double.
But how about Jets?

Yingmo Wang

Jan 25, 2022, 5:55:00 AM1/25/22
to Ceres Solver
Hello  Sameer!
  I'm trying to resample a freeform surface (Higher-order Zernike form or sth. else like that) for building a grid.
So maybe I can accelerate the Ray-Freeform surface intersection process through the bicubic interpolation.

However, the coefficients of Zernike sometimes should be optimized in the autodiff routine. So the interpolation grid is consist of Jets.

Sameer Agarwal

Jan 25, 2022, 10:42:06 AM1/25/22
to ceres-...@googlegroups.com
As written it's not possible since doubles and jets of doubles are hard coded into it. It should be possible to generalize the code though with some work.

Sameer