Cerberus Web storage considerations

1 view

Craig Jolicoeur

Mar 29, 2010, 11:42:51 PM3/29/10
to CerberusCI Mailing List
As we begin working on the new Cerberus web interface add-on, I want
to open discussion about what storage solution to use for build history.

We can do the current system of storing build info in a text-file
based output, but that will require reading numerous text files for
each refresh of the web interface.

We could also go with sqlite as that has become a de facto standard DB
that is distributed with most unix based OS packages now. It does
bring in the extra external dependency though for the rare few users
who don't already have it installed (Windows users maybe?). My guess
is that if you are actually using a CI server in the first place, you
will probably have sqlite installed.

Anyways, just wanted to get the discussion flowing and gather feedback
from those interested.

- Craig

andalucien

Mar 30, 2010, 10:03:44 AM3/30/10
to Cerberus
What about using something like camping?

http://camping.rubyforge.org/files/README.html

It uses ActiveRecord, so it can use SQLite by default and be easily
tweaked to use an alternative storage mechanism.

-Matt