DataModeling with Cequel - Multiple Access Patterns

Jerry Lin

Jul 19, 2014, 7:51:36 PM7/19/14
to ceq...@googlegroups.com
I was reading this ebay tech blog about data modeling with Cassandra and their example shows several tables that are designed to certain access patterns to be efficient (http://www.ebaytechblog.com/2012/07/16/cassandra-data-modeling-best-practices-part-1/#terms).  I have seen exactly this in several other data modeling videos/discussions, being something like a User, and then many tables to allow for fast efficient access, sort of like a way to index?

Does Cequel support this? I think I remember an example where 1 insert ends up writing to something like 9 different tables all based on different access patterns.