Swimming This Sunday

Niel Dilworth

Feb 15, 2019, 2:32:31 PM2/15/19
to Central Coast Open Water
Thursdays samples from Avila Beach and the Creek were collected on a incoming tide and were kind'a stinky, 279 at the beach and 875 at the creek mouth. The tide will be mid-outgoing on Sunday at 11 so things should be cleaner.

Have you all gotten used to sleeping in on Sunday, snuggled under the covers while it rains, then having a long breakfast with pastries and lots of coffee, and lost your ocean mojo?
It might be swimable on Sunday, between the showers.

Santa Cruz has been canceled, again, so I am considering getting reacquainted with Avila.

niel

John C. Hampsey

Feb 15, 2019, 6:03:40 PM2/15/19
to centralcoa...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Niel...  I will be open minded @ possibly swimming Avila this Sunday ... see whether rains more
It is also supposed be cold Sunday @ 50 degree air temp !
John Hampsey

Sent from my iPhone

Heidi Bezaire

Feb 17, 2019, 9:43:33 AM2/17/19
to centralcoa...@googlegroups.com
Bummer about Santa Cruz, again!

Thanks for the info, Niel.  Due to the ongoing rain showers, I’m opting out due to the likelihood of ocean bugginess.

Heidi

Niel Dilworth

Feb 17, 2019, 12:15:53 PM2/17/19
to centralcoa...@googlegroups.com
No swimming today for me. Haven't had a winter with this little swimming in I don't know how long, probably goes back to when we would swim in any water conditions.
Big Steve and I talked about this Friday at the pool. When we were swimming at Avila in the 90's he had a sinus infection every winter..............

niel

Sue Cusick

Feb 17, 2019, 6:06:13 PM2/17/19
to centralcoa...@googlegroups.com
We are In Fresno for Junior Olympics - 34 this morning for warm up with a high of 41 and pouring rain all day for my girls😬
Hope to see you all SOON along with some sun!!!!!!!

Sue

Sent from my iPhone