To Swim or Not to Swim

Niel Dilworth

Mar 8, 2019, 3:43:52 PM3/8/19
to Central Coast Open Water
Thursdays samples were collected right after some heavy rains and today's results were pretty yucky, with Avila Beach and the creek mouth posting numbers in the 1000 to 1100 range, and we have a chance of showers Saturday and Sunday. High tide on Sunday is at 1:06, so at 11 the water from the creek will be pushed in along the beach.   :-(

If it is not raining at 10:15 I'm going to head to the beach to sit in the sun and see some of my friends. I'm putting the swimming part at not likely.

niel

Sue Cusick

Mar 8, 2019, 7:36:26 PM3/8/19
to centralcoa...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Niel! Will we ever swim in the sun again????🙄

Sent from my iPhone

Niel Dilworth

Mar 8, 2019, 7:43:44 PM3/8/19
to centralcoa...@googlegroups.com
The Santa Cruz Rough Water Swim is in mid-July. 1 mile, no wetsuits, 55 degree water. Should be sunny.
I want to put together a Avila Dolphins showing this year.

niel

Maria Taylor

Mar 8, 2019, 8:04:28 PM3/8/19
to centralcoa...@googlegroups.com
Count me in!
Maria

Heidi Bezaire

Mar 8, 2019, 8:27:57 PM3/8/19
to centralcoa...@googlegroups.com
I’m In! 🧜‍♀️
-Heidi

Sue Cusick

Mar 8, 2019, 8:56:35 PM3/8/19
to centralcoa...@googlegroups.com
That is awesome! We love Santa Cruz- just need to check Jr Guard/swim meet schedule

Sent from my iPhone

Amy Hewes

Mar 8, 2019, 9:56:42 PM3/8/19
to centralcoa...@googlegroups.com
Wait, what?? 55 degrees & no wetsuit?? What am I missing?

Amy B. Hewes

Heidi Bezaire

Mar 8, 2019, 11:37:04 PM3/8/19
to centralcoa...@googlegroups.com

If you look at past years’ photos and results, they appear to have a wetsuit division.

Niel Dilworth

Mar 10, 2019, 12:37:33 PM3/10/19
to centralcoa...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that is a recent thing. I'm trying to stay true to my first experiences with this event.

niel

Sue Cusick

Mar 10, 2019, 1:30:21 PM3/10/19
to centralcoa...@googlegroups.com
I saw that too!

Sent from my iPhone

Niel Dilworth

Mar 10, 2019, 2:07:36 PM3/10/19
to centralcoa...@googlegroups.com
So, did everyone else be forget to set their clocks ahead?