Swimming on Saturday... 'cause it looks like rain Sunday...

TomL

Mar 20, 2020, 10:40:10 PM3/20/20
to Central Coast Open Water
Hey folks, in these extraordinary times, I am aching for a nice therapeutic ocean swim.  With rain predicted for Sunday, I'm thinking I'm going to swim on Saturday -- and if I can swim Sunday as well, all the better.

Unless Niel comes back with 'melt your wetsuit' water quality numbers, I'm pretty determined to swim.  I'm thinking around 1230, 1PM...

Let me know if you're interested.

TOM

Phil Costanzo

Mar 20, 2020, 11:01:04 PM3/20/20
to centralcoa...@googlegroups.com
I’m interested as long as we don’t “melt our wetsuits”.

Phil

dcheney99

Mar 20, 2020, 11:21:19 PM3/20/20
to centralcoa...@googlegroups.com
I am interested if the water is Ok. Pools have been closed, so I need a swim.
David

Hillary Trout

Mar 21, 2020, 12:20:36 PM3/21/20
to centralcoa...@googlegroups.com
Bah. Melting wetsuit is way better than melting skin.

Hillary Trout

Mar 21, 2020, 12:20:36 PM3/21/20
to Central Coast Open Water
I'm ready to swim. I'm going to head to Avila by noon and see who shows. If there is another time shaping up just say so....

On Friday, March 20, 2020 at 8:21:19 PM UTC-7, dcheney99 wrote:
I am interested if the water is Ok. Pools have been closed, so I need a swim.
David

TomL

Mar 21, 2020, 12:28:19 PM3/21/20
to Central Coast Open Water
Hillary, I was aiming for 1230 or 1PM...
TOM

Heidi Bezaire

Mar 21, 2020, 12:29:52 PM3/21/20
to 'Heidi Bezaire' via Central Coast Open Water
Hi Guys,

I’m going to pass.  The test results haven’t been posted on Blue Water Task Force page, yet.

There is a possible situation that I would like to avoid, and that is picking up a bug while swimming in dirty water, then being exposed to Covid-19.  Fighting two battles at once.

An overabundance of caution, I know.  But these are different times…

Fondly,

Heidi

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/centralcoastopenwater/8493a41c-fafe-42c4-a997-8a06409139f1%40googlegroups.com.