Bringing the Border to Columbus

1 view

Melonie Buller

Mar 26, 2021, 6:59:35 PM3/26/21
to Central Ohioans for Peace

Bringing the Border to Columbus: A Virtual Symposium will take place at The Ohio State University on April 12-16, 2021, supported by a Global Arts + Humanities Discover Theme grant. At the symposium, academics, activists, artists, and immigrants from the OSU and greater Columbus community will interrogate the politics of south-to-north migrations in the borderlands between the United States and Mexico and the resulting death and disappearances in these borderlands. We aim to bring to light how the policies enacted in the U.S.-Mexico borderlands have direct impacts on the lives of our immigrant neighbors, all U.S. Americans, and on the lives of immigrants in the U.S. who continue to live in the borderlands under the protection of sanctuary. The symposium will bring art and scholarship about and from the border to the OSU and greater Columbus community, a community that may feel separated from border politics and experiences due to geographic distance.

Explore the various events and register for each individually.