Delta z probe abl

Jamal

Mar 31, 2016, 10:23:33 PM3/31/16
to central-ohio-reprap-and-makerbot-operators
My Delta is a real head scratcher. I have tried Marlin and Repetier firmwares but cannot get the ABL z-probe to work. With Repetier I get a z-probe hit error and the probe is 3mm above the surface. With Marlin the arm lowers and engages once and gives a similar z-error. I have checked all end-stops with M119 and all is working fine and use G29 to test the ABL each time. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

I am thinking I should find a working firmware from another Delta and just change the rod length to mine. A little tuning ant it should work right?

bill

Mar 31, 2016, 10:29:23 PM3/31/16
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com

Depends what kind of probe? I had that type of behavior with the fsr style setup and chucked it.

What are your firmware level non print move speeds? Is the movement shaking the game too much by chance? ( That was triggering the fsr on me which is why I ask)

Bill Schwanitz

If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut. - Albert Einstein.

> On Mar 31, 2016, at 10:23 PM, Jamal <vjama...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My Delta is a real head scratcher. I have tried Marlin and Repetier firmwares but cannot get the ABL z-probe to work. With Repetier I get a z-probe hit error and the probe is 3mm above the surface. With Marlin the arm lowers and engages once and gives a similar z-error. I have checked all end-stops with M119 and all is working fine and use G29 to test the ABL each time. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
>
> I am thinking I should find a working firmware from another Delta and just change the rod length to mine. A little tuning ant it should work right?

Jhall

Apr 2, 2016, 9:51:33 PM4/2/16
to central-ohio-reprap-and-makerbot-operators
I am using a mechanical end stop with a Allenkey. The switch is working correctly but something i am doing in the firmware has got to be the problem. When i have the mechanical one working I plan to swap it to a npn induction sensor that I have. I was not a fan of the FSR design it sounded cool but had the potential for too many errors. I think the induction is becoming the low cost way to go. But if I cannot get the allenkey method to work I know I will not get the induction to work.