July 13th @ 6 PM - Serverless Java Applications with Nate Buwalda

nateb...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2017, 10:33:12 PM7/4/17
to Central Iowa Java Users Group
Serverless applications are the next stage of cloud software development. By using technologies like AWS Lambda, Dynamo, and API Gateway, teams can focus on delivery and scaling without having to worry about servers, operating systems, and database installations. For this month's meeting, we'll talk about basic usage of these AWS services and how to build and deploy Java based applications with them. We'll also talk about what the pros and cons are for using these services to build applications. We'd love for anyone who has tried these out to come and share your experiences as well.

For July we will be heading back to Businessolver.  The meeting will start at 6 PM.  Please come and check out their recently remodeled facilities.  Pizza and soda will provided at the meeting.  The after-meeting social will be at Gilroy's just around the corner at 1238 8th St in West Des Moines.

We look forward to seeing you there!  Please register for this meeting by joining our new Meetup.com group.  http://meetu.ps/e/CVBK9/1SLGN/f

Location
1025 Ashworth Road
West Des Moines, IA

Sponsors
Source Allies is the Epic Level sponsor for CIJUG in 2017!  Source Allies is a local technical consultancy who values collaboration, craftsmanship, and an ownership mentality. We provide a home to our teammates where we encourage each other to grow not only technically, but as peers & consultants. This is evident in the quality software we deliver to clients.
Learn about our “ownership mentality” at: www.sourceallies.com

Additional sponsorship and consideration is provided by:
Businessolver
Big Sky Technology
TekSystems
Pillar Technology