Meeting reminder: Dec 14th @ 6 PM - Code Off Challenge [Connect 4 Edition]

nateb...@gmail.com

Dec 5, 2017, 11:10:45 AM12/5/17
to Central Iowa Java Users Group
We are going to try something different for our December meeting.  Instead of a speaker, we will host the first ever CIJUG Code Off.  We would like to give an opportunity for our members to show us their stuff.  This will be a chance for the community to show off its creativity and passion for JVM technologies.  For this challenge, we will be implementing a Connect Four game.  The requirements for the application are listed below.  All entries are due by Thursday December 7th at midnight.  Up to three entries will then be selected by the CIJUG board to come present their solution at the December 14th meeting.  The winner will then be selected by the audience at the December 14th meeting.  The winner will receive a $50 Amazon gift card.

The rules and requirements are available here:

Meeting location:
Pillar
1420 Locust St
Des Moines, IA 50309

Sponsors:
Source Allies is the Epic Level sponsor for CIJUG in 2017!  Source Allies is a local technical consultancy who values collaboration, craftsmanship, and an ownership mentality. We provide a home to our teammates where we encourage each other to grow not only technically, but as peers & consultants. This is evident in the quality software we deliver to clients.
Learn about our “ownership mentality” at: www.sourceallies.com

Additional sponsorship and consideration are provided by:
Businessolver
Big Sky Technology
TekSystems
Pillar Technology

nateb...@gmail.com

Dec 5, 2017, 11:11:56 AM12/5/17
to Central Iowa Java Users Group
I forgot to include the Meetup RSVP page.  Please sign up for the meeting here:

See you on the 14th!

Nate

Shawn Garner

Dec 7, 2017, 3:45:16 AM12/7/17
to central-iowa-j...@googlegroups.com
Any chance we could extend the deadline to Sunday at midnight?

Visit http://www.cijug.net for more information

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Central Iowa Java Users Group" group.

Nathan Buwalda

Dec 7, 2017, 3:44:21 PM12/7/17
to central-iowa-j...@googlegroups.com
All,

Yeah that sounds ok to me. We are extending the deadline for entries to 11:59 pm Sunday night.

Looking forward to seeing what our members come up with!

Nate