November 2nd Meeting - Crucial Conversations (aka "So, who's gonna tell 'em?" the talk about 'the talk' that nobody talks about.) w/ Dustin Thostenson - NOTE THE DATE

nateb...@gmail.com

Oct 25, 2017, 10:22:41 AM10/25/17
to Central Iowa Java Users Group
Our next meeting will be on November 2nd at 5:45 PM at John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group in Urbandale.  This will be a joint meeting with our friends in the Iowa .NET User Group.

The presentation will be Crucial Conversations - "So, who's gonna tell 'em?" the talk about 'the talk' that nobody talks about.

The growing emphasis on "Individuals and Interactions" yields tremendous rewards, but not without risk. Teams who work together increasingly find themselves in situations where they NEED to have sensitive and high risk conversations, but don't always know how to approach those discussions.  Everyone knows about some of the biggest challenges that face a team. They are also aware of the many ways the corrective conversation that can go awry. These conversations are often indefinitely delayed. Opportunities for growth are missed and resentment grows.

Attend this session to learn how to be the agent of change your team needs with techniques and practices to help you master crucial conversations.

The speaker is Dustin Thostenson. Dustin is an independent consultant, leading Delta3Consulting. He has been a developer, mentor, trainer and agile coach for almost 2 decades. His passion lies in helping people grow and teams deliver. To keep it interesting he helps lead the Iowa .NET User Group and volunteers in Central Iowa. To keep it real he spends time with his wife and 4 kids. To keep it random he tweets @dustinson.

Meeting location:
John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group
4140 114th St, Urbandale, IA 50322
This is the Mercury building of the Aurora Business Park.  There is a John Deere sign near the parking entrance.  Please enter through the south door with the flags around it.  Details on room and security procedures to follow.

Sponsors:
Source Allies is the Epic Level sponsor for CIJUG in 2017!  Source Allies is a local technical consultancy who values collaboration, craftsmanship, and an ownership mentality. We provide a home to our teammates where we encourage each other to grow not only technically, but as peers & consultants. This is evident in the quality software we deliver to clients.
Learn about our “ownership mentality” at: www.sourceallies.com

Additional sponsorship and consideration are provided by:
Businessolver
Big Sky Technology
TekSystems
Pillar Technology