Thanks & stay informed

Center Of Carrboro

Feb 27, 2013, 5:23:20 PM2/27/13
to center-of...@googlegroups.com
For those of us in the neighborhood around the proposed CVS development, it was so wonderful to see so many people at the public hearing and engaged in the process.  And it made a huge difference that the Aldermen recieved so much input through emails and letters.

Thank-you all for showing up, writing letters and spreading the word.

We really need folks to stay engaged.  CVS is planning to come back with a new plan and no one really knows what that will look like.

So what happened last night?

We'll try to write a blog post soon to try to sort it all out.

The short answer is:
The town avoided a long, drawn-out public hearing by indicating to CVS that Aldermen were not inclined to change the zoning of that area.  CVS said they would come back with a plan that does comply with the current zoning.

If CVS is serious about not changing ANY of the zoning, then none of their development could be on Center St.  Including the Parking lot on the corner of Weaver & Center St.  We're not sure if that is what they have in mind.  It appears the Developers could only use 3 properties along N. Greensboro St instead of 6 around the whole block. We aren't sure what this plan will be, but they said they would bring to the town in April.

Stay Tuned!

News coverage: