CVS meeting: Wed. Dec. 7th, 7PM at Carrboro Town Hall

Jeff H

Nov 28, 2011, 1:53:53 PM11/28/11
to center-of...@googlegroups.com
The CVS Developer is holding a neighborhood meeting on Wednesday December 7th at 7-9PM at Town Hall. Please come if you can.
And please submit questions ahead of time to chris....@kimley-horn.com
See http://centerofcarrboro.blogspot.com/ for a refresher on this project proposed for the corner of Greensboro & W. Weaver St.

UPDATE:
The town offered comments to CVS and then CVS revised it's plan. The changes were presented to the Planning Board a few weeks ago and changes appear to be minimal. ATTACHED is the Planning Board's Reaction to the changes.

Here are the changes he described in the planning board meeting in October.
UPDATES DESCRIBED BY BOSTICK:
- Cistern for rainwater retention
- Bioretention pond
- Pervious pavers around trees in parking lot
- Water-efficient toilets, etc, in building
- Additional entrance on NE corner
- Move Short Street crosswalk to north side of intersection
- Push back parking lot from Center Street, add five-foot wall plus
bench for seating area along Center Street; lose 5 spaces in that part
of lot, gainesome green space on corner
- Add more bike parking on SE entrance and close to NW entrance
- Widen Greensboro 6 feet to provide bike lane
- Recycle demolished materials per county ordinance
- Remove retaining wall at SE corner, thus widening effective sidewalk
- Add steps up to seating area on Weaver Street
REC_201 N GREENSBORO ST_CVS_110311.pdf

Jeff H

Dec 7, 2011, 6:20:30 PM12/7/11
to center-of...@googlegroups.com
There is a rumor that the CVS meeting has been cancelled tonight. I
haven't been able to confirm that.. I'll post again if I get hold of
the developer folks.