Hyperlinks not working once CenoPDF is created

rebecca

Jun 14, 2016, 11:01:25 AM6/14/16
to CenoPDF Support Group
I have word documents (ver 2016) that contain Ceno fields and hyperlinks.  When I create the PDF, the links do not work - they just appear as blue underlined text.

I've noticed that CENO says it is compatible with word 2013 so I've opened on a computer using that version, installed Ceno, saved the file and then tried exporting to a PDF - again, the links don't work.

I've also tried (in 2016), to save as just a .doc file and then move to a pdf - still having the same issue with the links.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

thanks

Rebecca

CenoPDF Support

Jun 14, 2016, 12:43:25 PM6/14/16
to cenos...@googlegroups.com

Hi Rebecca,

Would you please send us a sample Word document and PDF that show the issue?

Thanks,

Yang

rebecca

Jun 14, 2016, 7:44:37 PM6/14/16
to CenoPDF Support Group
It's not letting me upload the files directly - I've attached in my email response.

thanks

Collier, Rebecca

Jun 14, 2016, 7:44:49 PM6/14/16
to cenos...@googlegroups.com

HI Yang

Attached are the files.

Thanks

Tenure Track Appt Checklist.docx
Tenure Track Appt Checklist.pdf

Yang Lu

Jun 15, 2016, 2:06:40 AM6/15/16
to cenos...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Rebecca!

I checked the file but did not see any link control there. Here are all controls in the file:

If you want to make any link to work, you need to insert a Link control:

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Yang

image003.png
image004.png

Collier, Rebecca

Jun 15, 2016, 11:19:51 AM6/15/16
to cenos...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Yang – is this something new?

When I used Ceno in Word 2010, I just created normal hyperlinks in Word and they appeared in when the document was converted to PDF.  I’ve never had to create something through the ceno add in for the links to work.

CenoPDF Support

Jun 15, 2016, 11:53:59 AM6/15/16
to cenos...@googlegroups.com

Hi Rebecca,

You are welcome.

This is actually not new. The software can only recognize the link if the link text shows a full URL. It does not matter what setting inside the link. For example, if you have *text* “http://google.com” it will be recognized as a link in PDF. But if you have “google” and set the real URL inside it, the software won’t recognize it. This appears to be the case on your sample files. You can always use the Link control to create any link you want.

image001.png
image002.png

Collier, Rebecca

Jun 15, 2016, 11:59:46 AM6/15/16
to cenos...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Yang

I got it to revert to the way it used to work.

I create the normal hyperlinks in Word and then in Ceno – Under Options – General – the 4th box needs to be checked.  Once I did this, then they went back to being working links. (I don’t need them to be links that the user can tab to when going through the fields they need to fill in, I just need them to be able to access source documents by clicking on links – so this is all I needed).

CenoPDF Support

Jun 15, 2016, 12:10:00 PM6/15/16
to cenos...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the update. Good to know it works for you now.

image001.png
image002.png