Check Box displays "4" as opposed to a check

cbal...@medicblood.org

Mar 2, 2016, 3:42:19 PM3/2/16
to CenoPDF Support Group
My company recently purchased and installed Ceno PDF v3 (build 3.6.237) 32 Bit in order to edit a word document that was created externally using  Ceno PDF v3 (build 3.6.230) 32 Bit.  The PDF from the original document displays check marks in check boxes as expected.  If i open the original word document without performing any editing and create a new PDF with Ceno PDF v3 (build 3.6.237) 32 Bit all check marks are displayed as "4"s.  The same thing happens with any edited version of the original document that i create a Ceno PDF from.

I was advised that this could be related to the use of the Zapfdingbats font.  I have the following ZapfDingbats font installed on my computer.

In an effort to problem solve i contacted the creator of the original file that uses Ceno PDF v3 (build 3.6.230) 32 Bit and reviewed the actions i was taking. He was unable to determine any problems with my use of the CenoPDF software.

When i emailed the creator my edited word file he opened the file with Word and used Ceno PDF v3 (build 3.6.230) 32 Bit and created a CenoPDF for me. The CenoPDF that he created for me worked without a problem displaying checkmarks appropriately.

Please advise me of anything i can do to further investigate and/or correct this problem.

CJB

Yang Lu

Mar 3, 2016, 3:01:24 AM3/3/16
to cenos...@googlegroups.com

Hi CJB,

Thanks for asking.

This is the first time we know this issue. I suspect it could be related to how Zapfdingbats font embedded in the PDF file.

Can you tell me what version of Word and Windows you use? Also can you send me both Word document and PDF you generated?

Thanks,

Yang