Multi-line text box: expanding size

DavidG

Dec 6, 2011, 8:55:57 AM12/6/11
to CenoPDF Support Group
Wondering if there's a method to give the text box a property to
expand in height if the user fills out several paragraphs in the
field, that would ordinarily cause the text box to either provide the
scroll bar (if enabled) or stop accepting text (if disabled).

CenoPDF Support

Dec 6, 2011, 1:18:24 PM12/6/11
to cenos...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

Thanks for asking.

Sorry that we do not have this feature. Did you see whether Acrobat can do
this? As far as I can remember, the PDF specification does not support this
feature. But I could be wrong as newer PDF specification could have this
feature.

Yang

Bernd

Oct 24, 2013, 7:29:45 AM10/24/13
to cenos...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yang,

I like to restart this old thread.
The requested function is possible in PDF forms generated with Adobe LifeCycleDesigner now. (Sorry, I do not know since when.)

Would it be possible to implement the function into CenoPDF, too?
Or is it possible to implement it with help of javascript?

Best regards
Bernd

Yang Lu

Oct 25, 2013, 12:46:53 AM10/25/13
to cenos...@googlegroups.com

Hi Bernd,

I am sorry that we do not have a plan to implement this feature in CenoPDF. I also do not think it is possible to use Javascript to implement it.

Thanks

Yang