CEMurphy.Net Newsletter: May 2011

C.E. Murphy

May 6, 2011, 1:47:30 PM5/6/11
to cemurphy-an...@googlegroups.com
Some of you may recall that a couple years ago I offered a Tuckerization in the Brenda Novak Annual Auction for the Cure of Diabetes. I didn't do one last year, what with having a newborn and just being too wrung out to think at all. But this year I'm offering another Tuckerization, and this one's better by far: you, yes, you could be a star in my next urban fantasy series!

The pitch:

Author CE Murphy is in the early stages of proposing new series ideas to her editors, which means you have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to become a major or recurring character in a brand-new urban fantasy world! This auction is for a Tuckerization (your name, or a name of your choice, as a character name) in an upcoming series, the details of which can't be revealed because the world hasn't been decided on yet--but it can pretty much be guaranteed as another mile-a-minute wild ride from CE Murphy.

Chances are you will not see the main character named after you, but it will absolutely be a major or recurring smaller role within the new series. Male or female, doesn't matter, there's room for all!

The fine print:

1. It'll be some time before your character sees print, since we're still in the discussion stages for selling the series! You're probably looking at an 18 month to two-year wait...but what's a few long months to literary immortality?

2. You may not be a good guy. (Frankly, the higher the bidding goes, the more likely you are to have input into whether you're a hero or a villain and what you-the-character looks like.)

3. This auction may be given as a gift, but you should clear it with the person whose name you want to use first.

Bid early, bid often, folks! The auction is here: http://brendanovak.auctionanything.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2184760

(I'll probably send out a reminder email about the auction at the end of the month, too.)

-Catie