Happy New Year from CEMurphy.net!

C.E. Murphy

Jan 4, 2011, 6:47:30 AM1/4/11
to cemurphy-an...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to 2011!

I've declared it a year of Shameless Self-Promotion (of course, that's kind of what newsletters are all about anyway, isn't it?), so let me tell you what's coming up for CE Murphy fans in 2011. (Make sure you read to the end, because the cool Internet-users-only stuff is listed last. :))

- I've made an Ireland 2011 calendar, if you still haven't gotten a calendar for this year. The company I make 'em through, Zazzle, is having a 20.11% off sale through the 6th of January, so this is the perfect time to buy! Use "2011NEWYEARS" as the secret code when you buy a calendar at http://www.zazzle.com/ireland_2011_calendar-158357106446675194

- Book Six of the Walker Papers, SPIRIT DANCES, is out in April! You can pre-order it from Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0373803257/

- WAYFINDER, Book Two of the Worldwalker Duology, is out in September!

- Speaking of September, I'm planning to attend DragonCon in Atlanta over Labor Day weekend in 2011. I hope to see some of you there!

- Late in 2011, the collection of Old Races short stories BABA YAGA'S DAUGHTER will be available from Subterranean Press. I'll send out pre-order information as soon as that's available.

- And speaking of the Old Races, all year long 2011 is host to an Old Races Short Story Project. I'll be writing and delivering 6 Old Races short stories to the project subscribers, with the first story arriving in your email box in February. (If one of the stories gets out of control and decides to become a novella instead of a short story, I reserve the right to deliver 3 short stories and 1 novella instead of 6 shorts. It all ought to come out to about the same wordcount, either way.) Patrons can buy in up until midnight GMT on 31 December 2011, and will receive all the stories to date when you buy in.

The options for buying in are:

> Regular subscription: $15 gets you all 6 short stories in electronic format. If you were one of the “Year of Miracle” patrons, you are automatically upgraded to the Premiere subscription.

> Premiere subscription: $30 gets you all 6 short stories in electronic format, and a signed print edition of the collection when it’s eventually published.

Please note: this collection has not been sold yet. There is currently no estimated publication date. I will maintain a mailing list with the email and physical mailing addresses of all premiere patrons so that when the collection comes to pass I’ll be able to inform you and send out the books, but in the meantime don’t hold your breath. Realistically the soonest this will come to pass is, say, 2013.

Also note: Buying the premiere edition does not get you an electronic copy of “Year of Miracles” if you weren’t one of the original patrons in 2010. That was a one-shot deal; the premiere edition is simply to allow people who didn’t have the chance to subscribe to “YoM” an opportunity to also get in on the eventual signed print edition of the collection.

The shopping cart buttons for buying in are here at the CE Murphy website: http://cemurphy.net/archives/528

May you have a terrific (and CE-Murphy-filled) 2011!

-Catie