Celtic Daily Reading (March 3)

Celtic Daily

Mar 2, 2013, 6:02:48 PM3/2/13
to celtic...@googlegroups.com
3 March

Feast Day: St. Non of Wales, St. Owen of Lichfield, St. Sacer of
Saggard, St. Winwaloe of Landevennec, St. Cele-Christ, St. Foila of
Galway, St. Lamalisse of Lamlash

Theme: Win all people by all means

+ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen

Declaration of faith

To whom shall we go?
You have the words of eternal life,
and we have believed and have come to know
that You are the Holy One of God.

Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ,
King of endless glory.

Psalm 65:
To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. A Song. Praise is due to thee, O
God, in Zion; and to thee shall vows be performed, O thou who hearest
prayer! To thee shall all flesh come on account of sins. When our
transgressions prevail over us, thou dost forgive them. Blessed is he
whom thou dost choose and bring near, to dwell in thy courts! We shall
be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, thy holy temple! By dread
deeds thou dost answer us with deliverance, O God of our salvation, who
art the hope of all the ends of the earth, and of the farthest seas; who
by thy strength hast established the mountains, being girded with might;
who dost still the roaring of the seas, the roaring of their waves, the
tumult of the peoples; so that those who dwell at earth's farthest
bounds are afraid at thy signs; thou makest the outgoings of the morning
and the evening to shout for joy. Thou visitest the earth and waterest
it, thou greatly enrichest it; the river of God is full of water; thou
providest their grain, for so thou hast prepared it. Thou waterest its
furrows abundantly, settling its ridges, softening it with showers, and
blessing its growth. Thou crownest the year with thy bounty; the tracks
of thy chariot drip with fatness. The pastures of the wilderness drip,
the hills gird themselves with joy, the meadows clothe themselves with
flocks, the valleys deck themselves with grain, they shout and sing
together for joy.
Old Testament: 1 Samuel 17: 55-18:5
When Saul saw David go forth against the Philistine, he said to Abner,
the commander of the army, "Abner, whose son is this youth?" And Abner
said, "As your soul lives, O king, I cannot tell." And the king said,
"Inquire whose son the stripling is." And as David returned from the
slaughter of the Philistine, Abner took him, and brought him before Saul
with the head of the Philistine in his hand. And Saul said to him,
"Whose son are you, young man?" And David answered, "I am the son of
your servant Jesse the Bethlehemite." When he had finished speaking to
Saul, the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan
loved him as his own soul. And Saul took him that day, and would not let
him return to his father's house. Then Jonathan made a covenant with
David, because he loved him as his own soul. And Jonathan stripped
himself of the robe that was upon him, and gave it to David, and his
armor, and even his sword and his bow and his girdle. And David went out
and was successful wherever Saul sent him; so that Saul set him over the
men of war. And this was good in the sight of all the people and also in
the sight of Saul's servants.
Meditation:
Jesu, give me strength and courage
To condemn myself at the chair of confession
Lest I be condemned at the chair of judgment.
It is easier for me to go under subjection for a brief while
Than to go to death during eternity.
Jesu, give me to confess my guilt
As earnestly as were this the moment of my death.
New Testament: Ephesians 3
For this reason I, Paul, a prisoner for Christ Jesus on behalf of you
Gentiles-- assuming that you have heard of the stewardship of God's
grace that was given to me for you, how the mystery was made known to me
by revelation, as I have written briefly. When you read this you can
perceive my insight into the mystery of Christ, which was not made known
to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to
his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; that is, how the Gentiles
are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise
in Christ Jesus through the gospel. Of this gospel I was made a minister
according to the gift of God's grace which was given me by the working
of his power. To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this
grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of
Christ, and to make all men see what is the plan of the mystery hidden
for ages in God who created all things; that through the church the
manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the principalities and
powers in the heavenly places. This was according to the eternal purpose
which he has realized in Christ Jesus our Lord, in whom we have boldness
and confidence of access through our faith in him. So I ask you not to
lose heart over what I am suffering for you, which is your glory. For
this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in
heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory
he may grant you to be strengthened with might through his Spirit in the
inner man, and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that
you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have power to comprehend
with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth,
and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may
be filled with all the fulness of God. Now to him who by the power at
work within us is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or
think, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all
generations, for ever and ever. Amen.
Closing Prayer:

There will be joy among the angels of heaven
That I am laved in the pool of confession.
O my soul, be joyful, God is willing to be reconciled to thee, Seize His
hand while it is stretched out
To announce to thee a loving reconcilement.

Refuse not Thy hand to me, O my God, Refuse not Thy hand, O Lord of
lords, For the sake of my Saviour Jesus Christ, Let me not go to death
everlasting.

Sent out at approximately midnight G.M.T.

RSS Feeds available at
http://groups.google.co.nz/group/celtic-daily/feeds?hl=en