Lets Look at Google Docs for the next week

Judy Brophy

Oct 30, 2009, 9:20:28 AM10/30/09
to CELT Google Apps Support Group
Greetings Google Apps Support Group.
I can see that many of you have logged on to our Google docs pages and
our Google Groups discussion board. If you are having any trouble
getting on, let me know. I’ll troubleshoot with you.

I’ve put up a page in our shared documents to collect ideas about
things you’d like to explore.
In addition, I’ve added a page on google docs plain vanilla. It has
some factual information and a place for you to brainstorm about how
you see it might be used in your class.

We will have a page for each Google application, or part of one. But
for next week, let’s look at plain google docs – writing and saving
your writing online.

I encourage you to go into google docs and just write something. Also
upload a file you've already written. You will see the advantages and
disadvantages of each and the idiosyncracies of writing online.

Looking forward to collaborating with you.
Judy

Judy Brophy

Oct 30, 2009, 11:33:58 AM10/30/09
to CELT Google Apps Support Group
In case you were wondering how many documents you can put on Google
docs and how big each one can be:

* Each document can be up to 500K, plus up to 2MB per embedded
image.
* You have a combined limit of 5000 documents and presentations
and 5000 images.
* You can upload documents from any of the following file
formats:
o HTML
o Plain text (.txt)
o Microsoft Word