Need a HTTP Client Library Support Celluloid::IO

Alex Huang

Jul 21, 2016, 5:18:00 AM7/21/16
to Celluloid
Thanks for making the celluloid io,  such a great library!
When I saw the non-blocking IO with no-callback(eventmachine) code style,  I am very exicited !
However,  I saw the httprb  remove the support for the celluloid,   why ?
It is a killer library/feature  for me.
In my web application,  I have an external web service dependency which is not fast.
Any suggestion?

thank you very much!

Tony Arcieri

Jul 21, 2016, 6:09:26 PM7/21/16
to cellulo...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 2:18 AM, Alex Huang <huang...@gmail.com> wrote:
However,  I saw the httprb  remove the support for the celluloid,   why ?

We added comprehensive timeout support to http.rb, which is presently incompatible with Celluloid::IO due to its use of io/wait.

However, with a little work, the io/wait API could be supported on Celluloid::IO. It just isn't today.

--
Tony Arcieri

Alex Huang

Jul 24, 2016, 9:46:46 PM7/24/16
to Celluloid
Great !   I will look into the detail.
Thank you~!

Tony Arcieri於 2016年7月22日星期五 UTC+8上午6時09分26秒寫道:

Bob Farrell

Oct 15, 2016, 1:24:03 PM10/15/16
to Celluloid
Hi, Tony. Do you happen to have found time to implement this ?

I am looking for a HTTP client compatible with Celluloid::IO - if http.rb is not supported yet, do you know of any others ?

Thanks in advance,

Bob Farrell

Oct 16, 2016, 5:48:57 AM10/16/16
to Celluloid
Tony, by the way I have switched to EventMachine, at least for now. It was a pretty simple swap as all the relevant code was fairly isolated, plus it's still early days in the project.

Celluloid shows a lot of promise though - if you happen to apply this fix for http.rb compatibility in the future I would still be very interested to know !

Cheers,

Tony Arcieri

Oct 17, 2016, 12:21:35 PM10/17/16
On Sat, Oct 15, 2016 at 10:24 AM, Bob Farrell <robertanth...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Tony. Do you happen to have found time to implement this ?

I am looking for a HTTP client compatible with Celluloid::IO - if http.rb is not supported yet, do you know of any others ?

There's a WIP here which moves http.rb to a Socketry based backend which could potentially support Celluloid::IO:

--
Tony Arcieri