Apotomo doesn't look for views in Engines

Pedro Nascimento

Jan 10, 2012, 11:19:59 AM1/10/12
to Cells and Apotomo
Hello everyone,

I've got a problem when using Apotomo in conjunction with Engines:

Missing template usage/display with {:handlers=>[:erb, :builder], :formats=>[:html, :text, :js, :css, :ics, :csv, :xml, :rss, :atom, :yaml, :multipart_form, :url_encoded_form, :json, :docx, :pptx, :xlsx], :locale=>[:"pt-BR", :"pt-BR"]}. Searched in:
  * "/Users/lunks/Code/tarifador/app/widgets"
Looks to me that Apotomo/Cells doesn't respect engines when looking for views. app/widgets/usage_widget.rb works if in an Engine, though.

Nick Sutterer

Jan 12, 2012, 8:55:50 AM1/12/12
to cells-an...@googlegroups.com
> Looks to me that Apotomo/Cells doesn't respect engines when looking for
> views. app/widgets/usage_widget.rb works if in an Engine, though.

Yepp, currently, you have to add view paths yourself:

Cell::Rails.append_view_paths "/where/ever"

Sorry for that inconvenience :-/

Reinaldo Junior

Jan 26, 2012, 11:17:08 PM1/26/12
to Cells and Apotomo
You can try the tissue gem (https://github.com/juniorz/tissue)

Nick Sutterer

Jan 27, 2012, 5:28:54 AM1/27/12
On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 5:17 AM, Reinaldo Junior <jun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can try the tissue gem (https://github.com/juniorz/tissue)

I don't see a compeling reason why tissue should NOT be merged into
the cells core?!?!?! Reinaldo?

Pedro Nascimento

Jan 27, 2012, 6:41:03 AM1/27/12
to cells-an...@googlegroups.com
I don't think it'll be a [t]issue. :trollface:

Reinaldo Junior

Jan 27, 2012, 10:07:25 AM1/27/12
to cells-an...@googlegroups.com
FAME! =D

I'm preparing the pull request.

Great work Nick! You made an awesome talk at RubyConf Brazil last year!

Nick Sutterer

Jan 27, 2012, 11:14:08 AM1/27/12
On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 4:07 PM, Reinaldo Junior <jun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> FAME! =D
>
> I'm preparing the pull request.
>
> Great work Nick! You made an awesome talk at RubyConf Brazil last year!

OH NO, YOU WERE THERE? :-D

Reinaldo Junior

Jan 27, 2012, 11:41:38 AM1/27/12
to cells-an...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I also got a photo with the GIRLS

Thats is the only reason I agreed with the merge.

Here goes the pull request: https://github.com/apotonick/cells/pull/101

Thank you, Nick!

Nick Sutterer

Jan 27, 2012, 11:44:28 AM1/27/12
On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 5:41 PM, Reinaldo Junior <jun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I also got a photo with the GIRLS
> http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=215261188545188&set=at.215261011878539.52805.100001839248383.1268041033&type=1&theater

Oh I have to upload all the pics, yeah!

Robin Böning

Jul 13, 2014, 6:51:32 AM7/13/14
to cells-an...@googlegroups.com, pnasc...@gmail.com
Is this still an issue?

I think it should be working, but I just tried it without luck...

ActionView::MissingTemplate Missing template locked_pages/display with {:locale=>[:en, :de], :formats=>[:html, ...
Searched in:
  * "/Users/robin/code/rails/fubar/app/widgets"

I have a rails engine bundled as a gem into my main app which requires apotomo.
When I create the missing template in the main app, everything works... when providing it from within the gem, its not found.

Gemfile.lock
  apotomo (1.3.0)
  cells (3.11.1)

Before I tried apotomo I tried the cells gem without having this issue.

Any ideas?

Nick Sutterer

Jul 13, 2014, 6:34:39 PM7/13/14
to cells-an...@googlegroups.com
Hey, I don't think Apotomo has this function, yet. The respective cells code is here: https://github.com/apotonick/cells/blob/master/lib/cells/engines.rb Maybe you can play with it and make it work? That'll be great!

--
Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie in Google Groups E-Mails von der Gruppe "Cells and Apotomo" abonniert haben.