Controlling Android Robot with Voice Recognition

techmind48

Sep 26, 2011, 8:21:10 AM9/26/11
to Cellbots
Mr. Ryan,

Your guide on how to control your Android Robot with Voice Recognition
was very interesting.

http://www.cellbots.com/android/control-your-android-robot-with-voice-recognition/

I have HTC Wildfire and interested in building a robot which can be
controlled by my HTC Wildfire phone.

How to find out if my HTC Wildfire has the Voice Recognition built-in?

Is it possible to built this robot which can be controlled by my
mobile?

Waiting for your reply

A. S. Bhasker Raj
Hobbyist
Secunderabad
India
Mobile: +919247332574

spirit...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2011, 1:09:38 PM9/26/11
to cell...@googlegroups.com
Most Android phones with Android 2.0 and above do have VR installed (or installable). If you cannot find the voice recognition app in your apps list, look for it on the market and grab it; it will integrate itself

Bhasker Raj

Sep 26, 2011, 9:09:06 PM9/26/11
to cell...@googlegroups.com
Cellbots

Thanks for the guideance.

Will try.

A. S. Bhasker Raj
Secunderabad
India
Mobile":+919247332574

Sponge

Nov 4, 2011, 5:46:29 AM11/4/11
to Cellbots
I have a wildfire, it does indeed have VR. The Cellbots app works
quite well with it, you have to download the install it manually
though because the market says it doesnt suppot.
Only problem I have is there is no video feed when controlling from a
computer.

Robots anywhere has some issues and I cant get it running at the
moment. But working with Spiritplumber to try get it sorted.

spirit...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2011, 6:21:24 AM11/4/11
to cell...@googlegroups.com
The audio mode of robotsanywhere is independent of hardware and should
always run, if you want to make a serial port control for that, see
http://www.robots-everywhere.com/re_wiki/index.php?title=Serial_on_Android_using_the_audio_port
it is less power consumptive than bluetooth.

Aravind Kumar

Feb 28, 2014, 2:23:57 AM2/28/14
to cell...@googlegroups.com