Simple Robotic Sensor Method

labworld3

Mar 23, 2019, 4:48:45 PM3/23/19
to cell...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I have seen a number of amazingly simple and basic robotic concepts and designs from Ryan and the cellbots.com team.

I would like to add another simple if not simpler method of sensing for robots, to members of cellbot goggle groups.

Besides microphones, infrared, range finders etc, a basic sensor for use in  robots would be the use of a "torque sensor".
The circuit basicly detects a jump in current in the motor/servo when the robot is stopped by an obstruction such as a wall or object.
The resulting increase in voltage due to torque causes the sensor to activate a pre- programmed response or action. This could be easily integrated in current mobile robotic systems.

Please find attached my photo of a basic torque sensor chip.
Though I'm sure members of cellbot google groups should be able to make a basic version with just a few electronic components.

Regards

Nobert.

Sent from LABWORLD Mobile Pro.

torque sensor for servos-motors (labworld).jpg